Sleeping on a comfortable mattress goes along towards getting a good night’s sleep. Because sleeping well is important to overall health, investing in the right mattress is more than worth it in the end. Memory foam mattresses have been known to not only provide comfort, but to relieve back shoulder, and joint pain.
Because memory foams contours to the body’s unique shape, it differentiates itself from the pack. It responds to body temperature by sinking down and accommodate a person’s shape. A standard spring mattress, however, tends to resist sinking and instead wants to bounce back up. This is what causes pressure points, thereby reducing blood circulation.
These mattresses also help with spinal alignment. This improves posture and ultimately prevents specific diseases. Because it is comfortable, you will naturally get more sleep and wake up in the morning feeling reinvigorated.
Foam is also resistant to mildew and dust mites because of how dense they are. If you suffer from asthma or any respiratory conditions, this is perfect for you.
However, before buying a said mattress, it is always best to do a comparison shopping. You want a high-quality mattress without the high cost.
With that said, not all memory foam mattresses are the same. Take some time to comparison shop before deciding which one to buy.
The chemical smell that accompanies memory foam has long been a complaint of many. This smell is the result of the fact that foam is synthetic, though companies are figuring out how to make these mattresses more natural. Nonetheless, those who have a high sensitive to smell can grow weary of it after awhile.
These mattresses are not for toddlers or infants because they sink down, which could be suffocating. Foam is also highly combustible, so this material, in general, is not as safe as a standard mattress.
Customers also noted that memory mattresses were very hot to sleep on, though technological advancements are resolving this matter. The reason why they get warm, to begin with, is because foam absorbs body temperature. Some mattresses, however, have open cell technology, which allows the air to flow through and out the mattress. The result is that the heat is no longer trapped in the mattress, making it cooler.
While memory foam has its advantages and disadvantages, overall it’s an upgrade over many mattresses out there and most people are indeed satisfied sleeping on them.
Your back is aching, your eyes are wide open, and you pretty much spend the night hours watching your clock change numbers. This is definitely no way to live – without a proper sleep each night, you put your health and sanity at risk. Whether you have medical or mental issues that prevent you from nodding off, chances are you can trace the root of your problems to your mattress. If it’s old, it’s time to get a new one. Question is, should you invest in a latex mattress?
If you have a specific budget to which you must adhere, you may be reluctant to consider a latex model based solely on price. While latex mattresses can run upwards of a few thousand dollars, proponents argue that the back support and longevity of the model is well worth the cost.
Let’s take a look at some popular pros and cons of owning this type of bedding:
- Pro: If you are interested in greening your home, certain brands of latex mattresses offer you peace of mind that you are buying an organic product.
- Con: Your local bedding shop may not have this product readily available since latex is typically a premium item. If you mind shopping online for bedding, you may have a challenge in finding what you need.
- Pro: If you suffer back problems, the firmness of this kind of mattress is known to aid in your sleep comfort.
- Con: Some may find the mattress is too firm for their liking.
- Pro: Companies that specialize in latex bedding are typically eco-minded. This means you won’t find as many preservatives and toxic ingredients in your mattress. Consequently, you are less likely to inhale toxins as you sleep, thereby creating a healthier environment.
- Con: Some critic may opine that if you want to keep up your healthy bedding, you have to do more than buy the mattress. This means investing in organic sheets, pillows, and comforters. Again, if you are budget-minded, this could set you back.
However, you come to your decision to purchase a new mattress for your bed, give the latex mattress some serious consideration. If you suffer health problems, the aid of an organic mattress can help relieve pains associated with your respiratory system and your back. A mattress not only provides comfort, but one free of toxins helps keep your entire body healthy. Price your mattresses and evaluate your overall health before you decide.